Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Who I Am to Become?

My life/soul divided in two; the good and the bad. I believe that I’m someone who cares a lot about my Impression. I want to get along with everyone which causes my personality to change into something that pleases another. I change between behaving in a way I can be of example, or someone who is carefree. I was inspired by the art of Amiri Bennett, and his art of Dichotomy. His art display accents of good and evil with angels and demons, which couldn’t be more accurate of what I’m trying to show.

My first project was based on the Two Fridas painting by Frida Kahlo
My new version is more of a 4-D project, Frieda’s is more about what she could have been. My project is basically the physical manifestation of my internal struggle. I always try to be a good Christian living a pure life. But life’s temptations always gets to me some how. I become draw in, curious, to what I haven’t experienced in life. I have always grown in a way that keeps me from sin, and now that I have grown it almost feels like the world calls me. And since I always give the appearance that I’m a “Cristiano Ejemplar” in the dark I fall occasionally in sin. Inside it torments me it confuses me. It makes me second guess what I’m destined to be.

I wanted to have a creature instead of two men to relate it to Wangechi Mutu but I felt that my art was more spontaneous like Basquiat. The dark side definitely shows, I flicked paint on it several time and the flames look a bit wild and the glowing affect brings it right to your face.

I bought a box in Walmart and some supplies like a box cutter, foil, and the mini head light. I’m a different store I bought the leaves and Spanish moss. In Micheals I bought glow in the dark, acrylic, and spray paint. In GameStop I bought too Funko Pops that look like me! And in Amazon I bought two UV Black light Flashlights. One side of the box I spray painted black and the other I Brushed blue. Both worlds and divide by a black tape the figures I painted with black hair and red eyes and one with a white jacket.. in the dark side I paint flames on the floor with glow in the dark red, orange, and yellow paint. The stars are neon blue, white and glow in the dark yellow. In the light side I painted white clouds and glued cotton ball clouds on the sky. I place the Spanish moss on the “floor” and placed leaves and painted color leaves on top. I finally. Set the lights on the ceiling of the box, I put Velcro on the back of the figures and have them floating in the middle, and I covered the whole box in aluminum foil.

I believe I can say the box represents my obverservation on how I’m swayed by the spectacle. I change who I am just to fit in instead on choosing a stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment